Yet, between the longer holiday shopping period, Black Friday deals, extended store hours and seemingly every product being available online, you’re probably still not finished Christmas shopping. Am I right?
Just because it’s so easy to shop these days doesn’t mean shopping is easy. The quest to find the perfect gift can be elusive, but you don’t want to disappoint family members, friends and co-workers with a lousy gift (and we all know some of them can be difficult to please!).
If stacks of sales flyers and multiple trips to the mall haven’t been productive, perhaps you’re shopping at the wrong place.
Just like a Realtor who shows you the home of your dreams or the car salesperson who tracks down the perfect ride for your family, finding the perfect gift sometimes takes a little help.
At Guadalupe Resale Shop, some customers admit they were hesitant to purchase a “used” gift for a loved one who might not appreciate “regifting.” Here are five reasons why shopping at a thrift store might be a good idea, however, as Christmas draws closer:
- Price tags: Nearly everyone removes price tags from gifts before they wrap presents, and they often leave a sticky residue. If you remove tags anyway, what difference does it make where you purchased the gift?
- Budget: Secret Santa gift exchanges between co-workers and friends often have a suggested price limit, usually no more than $25. That doesn’t buy much in a department store, but it goes a long way at a resale shop.
- Unique: Shopping for holiday décor at big box stores means you’re buying the same items as everyone else. Guadalupe Resale Shop has a pop-up holiday shop within its North Naples showroom that’s full of unique figurines, table decorations, ceramics and novelties.
- Personal shopper: Customer service seems to have vanished these days, leaving many shoppers alone in their gift-hunting excursions. At Guadalupe Resale Shop, we have a team of more than 70 volunteers who join customers on their crusade to find the perfect gift.
- The gift that keeps on giving: Your purchase at Guadalupe Resale Shop helps fund the education of a child in Immokalee, which promises to change their life forever! Now what could say Christmas spirit more than that?
Guadalupe Resale Shop, located at 12980 Tamiami Trail N., Unit 10 in Naples, is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
About the Author
Kat McNabb is manager of Guadalupe Resale Shop, a boutique in North Naples that sells like-new furniture, home décor, kitchenware, artwork, lamps, linens, DVDs and CDs, books and all types of ladies and men’s clothing, including accessories such as jewelry, purses and nearly new shoes. Donations are tax-deductible and proceeds directly benefit Guadalupe Center’s educational programs.