I hope this email finds you well and taking the necessary precautions during this very challenging time.
Guadalupe Center is a family, and like you, we have had to make some very difficult decisions to keep our students, staff and families safe. Based on the latest guidance from the CDC, the Guadalupe Center will be closed through March 27. Additional determinations will be made week by week.
Even though our physical campus is unavailable, Guadalupe Center has always been a resource for families in times of need and this tradition will not change.
Our mission and commitment to children and families continues as we work closely with our community partners to support families. Our areas of immediate focus are:
- Maintaining continuity of staff and programming
- Supporting and encouraging at-home and remote learning
- Helping Tutor Corps college students get home or to a safe location while colleges suspend classes, shift to remote learning and close campuses
- Ensuring students and families have meals
- Monitoring the needs of our families and working to find resources when possible
- Supporting the health and wellness of our community
All upcoming fundraising events have been suspended. Although Celebration Dinner at Grey Oaks has been cancelled, we are working to find an opportunity to celebrate and honor the accomplishments of the graduating class of 2020. The Charity Golf Classic will be rescheduled for late October 2020. Please stay tuned and watch for updates.
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to offer encouragement and support. Like you, we are making adjustments moment by moment to address the ever changing circumstances. We pledge to keep you informed in the coming weeks; your ongoing support will be critical.
Due to closures and work-from-home efforts, we are encouraging email communications at this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please email info@GuadalupeCenter.org.