Guadalupe Resale Shop will reopen to the public on May 11 on a modified operating schedule that includes both general shopping hours and private shopping experiences.
The Resale Shop will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The store will limit capacity to 10 shoppers as a means of maintaining social distancing. Donations also will be accepted during those times by dropping off items behind the store; receipts are being offered electronically through GuadalupeCenter.org/Resale-Shop/receipt.
Additionally, shoppers can make appointments for private shopping experiences from 9 to 11 a.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, as well as 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Resale Shop will be closed Saturdays and Sundays.
“Reopening the Resale Shop allows us to continue supporting Guadalupe Center’s mission of breaking the cycle of poverty through education for the children of Immokalee,” said Kat McNabb, store manager. “We have professionally cleaned the entire store, but understand many people do not yet feel comfortable shopping among crowds, so that’s why we are introducing private shopping experiences.”
To reserve a shopping time, please call 239-594-2696. The Resale Shop also launched a Facebook Marketplace, which features like-new furniture, home décor, jewelry and more.
The Resale Shop has taken multiple steps to ensure safety, including:
- Encouraging shoppers and donors who are experiencing a fever or cough, or recently displayed any symptoms, to delay their visit.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the showroom floor.
- Requiring staff, volunteers and customers to wear face masks.
- Temporarily closing dressing rooms.
- Holding all donations for a minimum of 24 hours and thoroughly cleaning items before offering them for sale inside the showroom.
- Maintaining the no-return policy to ensure all items inside the showroom have been cleaned and sanitized.
About Guadalupe Resale Shop
Guadalupe Resale Shop is an upscale boutique in North Naples that accepts donations of like-new furniture, home décor, kitchenware, artwork, lamps, linens, DVDs and CDs, books and all types of ladies and men’s clothing, including accessories such as jewelry, purses and nearly new shoes. The Resale Shop provides a free pick-up service for furniture donations. All proceeds from sales at the Resale Shop directly support educational programs at Guadalupe Center in Immokalee.